1/5 Photos of Crock Pot Enchiladas
6 hrs 15 mins
I adopted this recipe from a very sweet chef: CBW. "My mom found this in a TOH magazine and passed the recipe on to me (well, I begged her for it after she made it!(=) I love good crock pot recipes and this one is no exception. There are some other enchilada recipes on here, but this one was a little different, so, I decided to add it to the database! I hope you'll enjoy it, too!"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans or 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (4 oz)
- 6 flour tortillas (6 or 7-inch)
- 1In a skillet, cook beef, onion, and green pepper until beef is browned and vegetables are tender; drain.
- 2Add the next 8 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat; cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- 4Combine cheeses.
- 5In a 5 qt slow-cooker, layer about 3/4 cup beef mixture, on tortilla and about 1/3 cup cheese.
- 6Repeat layers until ingredients are used up.
- 7Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours or until heated through.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 899.8
- Calories from Fat 358
- Total Fat 39.8 g
- Saturated Fat 19.1 g
- Cholesterol 131.9 mg
- Sodium 1273.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.3 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 56.8 g