1/4 Photos of Crock Pot Enchiladas
3 hrs 20 mins
Do not limit your self to using hamburger this recipe is excellent for using left over roast/chicken etc. Make it as hot as you want or as mild. This recipe went over very well with my recent company and done in the crock pot kept the heat out of the kitchen. I served them with refried beans, & fresh salsa The end result of the recipe produces soft enchiladas where the flavors have blended and they practically melt in your mouth
My Private Note
large e ...
Units: US | Metric
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 lb lean hamburger
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped (optional)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups taco sauce (or your favorite salsa mild or hot)
- 1 cup salsa (fresh or canned hot oR mild)
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- 6 flour tortillas (Basil are good, or sundried or plain)
- 1 1/2 cups monterey jack cheese or 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- green onion, chopped fro garnish (optional)
- 2 avocados, sliced, for garnish (optional)
- salt & pepper
- 1Spray a large skillet lightly with veggie oil.
- 2Brown the hamburger, make sure there are no lumps (if using cooked chicken or other cooked meats do the next step before this one then add the cooked meat to the onions etc).
- 3Add onions, garlic, mushrooms, saute until the onions are translucent.
- 4Add peppers cook 3 minutes.
- 5Mix the taco& salsa sauces.
- 6Remove from heat and add 3/4 cup taco/salsa sauce.
- 7Lay out the tortillas and spoon approx 3/4 cup of the meat mixture into the middle of each tortilla.
- 8Sprinkle with a tbsp of cheese.
- 9Roll the tortillas and fasten with a tooth pick.
- 10Put 1 cup of the taco sauce on the bottom of your crock pot.
- 11Place the rolled tortillas side by side Pour in 3/4 cup of taco sauce On the bottom layer (this will help the tortillas from sticking).
- 12Place second layer of tortillas and top with the remaining sauce.
- 13Cook on low heat for 3-4 hours.
- 14Be very careful removing the top layer so you do not tear them.
- 15Place on a warm platter, top each enchilada with a streak of sour cream, sprinkle remaining cheese over top Garnish with avacados and green onions.
- 16If you wish you can place under broiler for a minute to brown the cheesE (it melts on it's own).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (2647 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.4
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 44.4 mg
- Sodium 1183.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 16.1 g