Enchiladas a different way!
Make and share this Crock Pot Enchilada Stack recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs stew meat
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies (drained)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 3 cups monterey jack cheese or 3 cups cheddar cheese
- Cut stew meat into very small pieces and brown meat and onion in skillet.
- Add all remaining ingredients and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Set aside.
- In crock pot, place two pieces of foil folded to create a "dish". One six inch wide strip one way and another the other direction works well for me.
- Ladle a small amount of filling onto foil, and place a tortilla on the top and sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Repeat layers ending with last of the filling. There should be about 6 layers.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or til meat is tender.
- Pull bottom layer of foil out of cooker and place on a serving platter, spoon any remaining contents over top.
- Cut into wedges to serve. Add tomatoes, lettuce and sour cream if desired.