Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is easy to prepare the night before, and let your crock pot do the work the next morning for a yummy breakfast. This recipe has been passed from a neighbor, to a friend, etc. I recently served it at my sister's Baby Shower Brunch. The recipe can easily be doubled (even tripled). Cook time does not include boiling eggs.
- 1 dozen hard-boiled egg, cut up
- 1 (16 ounce) package Little Smokies sausages, smokie cheese links (cut into small pieces or use the "little smokies")
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (99.9% fat free works fine)
- 6 English muffins (or use crimp bread)
- Melt butter on low heat, add flour.
- Whisk in milk.
- Add soup and Velveeta cheese until cheese melts.
- Add hard-boiled eggs.
- Add smokie cheese links.
- If making the day before, refrigerate and heat on low in the crock pot.
- **OR Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes and serve.
- Serve over toasted english muffin halves or crimp bread.
- If sauce is too thick, thin with a little milk.
This was very easy to prepare. I did not care for the little smokies, I would diffidently leave them out next time. I cut the recipe in half for 1 person but this still made a lot.
I cooked the eggs a day ahead and served this for brunch the day after Christmas when we still had a house full of family. It was GREAT. One great thing was that everyone didn't get up at the same time and this was ready whenever they wanted it. The only thing that I did different was to leave out the sausages since I was having bacon as a side. Next time I would just serve a slice of Canadian bacon on the muffin and then the sauce.