Recipe by hmms
This is easy to prepare the night before, and let your crock pot do the work the next morning for a yummy breakfast. This recipe has been passed from a neighbor, to a friend, etc. I recently served it at my sister's Baby Shower Brunch. The recipe can easily be doubled (even tripled). Cook time does not include boiling eggs.
Top Review by Sammy B.
I'm sure that this is tasty. Add enough Velveeta cheese product to anything and it will be. But this is not Eggs Benedict. Not by a long shot. Velveeta and canned soup do not hollandaise make, nor can little smokies double for Canadian bacon.
- 1 dozen hard-boiled egg, cut up
- 1 (16 ounce) package Little Smokies sausages, smokie cheese links (cut into small pieces or use the "little smokies")
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (99.9% fat free works fine)
- 6 English muffins (or use crimp bread)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter on low heat, add flour.
- Whisk in milk.
- Add soup and Velveeta cheese until cheese melts.
- Add hard-boiled eggs.
- Add smokie cheese links.
- If making the day before, refrigerate and heat on low in the crock pot.
- **OR Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes and serve.
- Serve over toasted english muffin halves or crimp bread.
- If sauce is too thick, thin with a little milk.