Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
My sister made this for our boys on Black Friday (they were home with dad as we shopped :) ). This was really tasty and my children enjoyed it. Recipe was adapted from Quick Cooking.
- 6 1⁄2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 1⁄4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 6 ounces process cheese, cubed (Velveeta)
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions and drain. Add butter and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink and drain.
- Spread a fourth of the spaghetti sauce into crockpot.
- Layer with a third of the noodles, a third of the beef, a third of the remaining sauce and a third of the cheeses. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until cheese is melted and lasagna is heated through.
Simple but quick to fix and really tasty. Everyone in the family enjoyed it, and it's a perfect recipe for busy nights. Scaled the recipe to 8 servings and used my 3 1/2 quart crock pot which worked perfectly. Just realized I forgot to toss the noodles with butter but we didn't miss it. Used preshredded Velveeta. Wouldn't change a thing! Thanks for sharing the recipe!