Recipe by bmcnichol
My sister made this for our boys on Black Friday (they were home with dad as we shopped :) ). This was really tasty and my children enjoyed it. Recipe was adapted from Quick Cooking.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Simple but quick to fix and really tasty. Everyone in the family enjoyed it, and it's a perfect recipe for busy nights. Scaled the recipe to 8 servings and used my 3 1/2 quart crock pot which worked perfectly. Just realized I forgot to toss the noodles with butter but we didn't miss it. Used preshredded Velveeta. Wouldn't change a thing! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 6 1⁄2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 1⁄4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 6 ounces process cheese, cubed (Velveeta)
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles according to package directions and drain. Add butter and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink and drain.
- Spread a fourth of the spaghetti sauce into crockpot.
- Layer with a third of the noodles, a third of the beef, a third of the remaining sauce and a third of the cheeses. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until cheese is melted and lasagna is heated through.