8 hrs 15 mins
I have this cooking for tonight's dinner, It smells great already.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red peppers or 1 medium green sweet pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 30 ounces white kidney beans or 30 ounces great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 14 1/2 ounces Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 8 ounces fully cooked smoked turkey sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1Rinse chicken; pat dry.
- 2Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces.
- 3Place carrots, sweet pepper, onion, garlic, beans, undrained tomatoes, chicken, and sausage in a 3 1/2, 4, or 5-quart crock pot.
- 4Combine chicken broth, wine or chicken broth, parsley, thyme, red pepper, and bay leaf in a bowl.
- 5Add to crockery cooker.
- 6Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- 7Discard bay leaf.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Easy Cassoulet
Serving Size: 1 (444 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.6
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 56.5 mg
- Sodium 1184.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 23.2 g