Recipe by Dancer^
I have this cooking for tonight's dinner, It smells great already.
Top Review by Sarah
Will definitely make this again. Didn't use smoked turkey sausage as I couldn't find it over here. Used a cured sausage called cabana, which worked great. The dish turned out with a lot of liquid so we served it over rice sort of jumbalaya style - Fabulous.
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red peppers or 1 medium green sweet pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 30 ounces white kidney beans or 30 ounces great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 14 1⁄2 ounces Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 8 ounces fully cooked smoked turkey sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 bay leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse chicken; pat dry.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces.
- Place carrots, sweet pepper, onion, garlic, beans, undrained tomatoes, chicken, and sausage in a 3 1/2, 4, or 5-quart crock pot.
- Combine chicken broth, wine or chicken broth, parsley, thyme, red pepper, and bay leaf in a bowl.
- Add to crockery cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- Discard bay leaf.