Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 hrs
All you do is heat canned sweetened condensed milk in water for several hours in a crock pot until the condensed milk transforms into this amazing caramel treat inside
- Remove the label from the cans of sweetened condensed milk.
- Place the cans on their side inside the crock pot.
- Fill the crock pot with water so that there is at least an inch of water covering the top of the cans. Make sure that there is always enough water completely covering the cans.
- Set the crock pot on low and cook the cans in water for 8 hours.
- When cooking is complete let the cans COOL until they are room temperature. DO NOT OPEN the cans when they are hot, because there is the potential chance for explosion.
- Warning: make sure your cans are not dented or damaged in anyway. Using a damaged can could lead to problems when cooking.
- What I love about this recipe is that you can start it before you go to work and 8 hours later you have the perfect base to a variety of dessert possibilities!
Thank you so much for posting this recipe. It worked out great for me except I did use one 14 oz can instead of two 5 oz cans.