Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Not sure where I copied this from. Haven't tried it yet but it's for safe keeping and for you to try.
- 4 lbs beef brisket
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine all seasonings well.
- Rub the spice mix all over the brisket meat.
- Put meat in crock pot, fat side up, and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat is tender.
- When finished, remove fat from meat and cut meat against the grain.
Killer Brisket and easy too. A keeper.
What an easy way to make a brisket. The combinatin of the spices added a subtle taste to the brisket. I served it with Chive and Ranch Smashed Potatoes (crock pot) #90018. These potatoes complimented the brisket very well.
Came out perfect! I actually just used a Jim Beam Spicy Bourbon Rub on it and put it in the fridge for a couple days. Then I put it in the crock pot and let it cook for 10 hours. I didn't add any water or anything, it was just straight brisket with dry rub. The rub crusted over on top and it was delicious. It was really tender and almost came apart when I tried to get it out of the crock pot to cut it. I will be making this again. Thanks!