Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
From the '70s. My Stepdad's secretary shared this with my Mom. It's basically meat for French Dip Sandwiches. The ingredients sound salty but it's not. I've never seen or tasted anything quite like it. Serve with French Rolls or Hoagie Buns. Goes great with potato salad and chips. I'm not allowed to come to a Superbowl party without this!
- 3 -5 lbs chuck, arm or 3 -5 lbs pot roast
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt (Lawrys)
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon Kitchen Bouquet
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cambell's beef consomme
- 10 1⁄2 ounces water
- Set roast in large Crockpot. Add seasonings and pour liquid over. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours. Remove meat to platter. Allow to cool a bit then shred using 2 forks. Return shreds to liquid in Crockpot. Serve using slotted spoon.