Recipe by Olha
If the oven is full when you prepare a holiday dinner, and you don’t want to stuff the turkey, fix this slow cooker version of dressing.
- 12 -16 slices white bread
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried sage, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bread in 1/2 inch cubes to get 12 cups of bread cubes. Toast in a 350°F oven for 10 to 13 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat; add celery and onion and cook until tender; remove from heat. Stir in parsley, sage, marjoram, and pepper.
- Place dry bread cubes in a very large bowl. Add vegetable mixture. Drizzle with broth to moisten, tossing lightly. Transfer dressing mixture to a 4 to 5 quart slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on LOW HEAT setting for 4 1/2 to 5 hours or on HIGH HEAT setting for 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Makes 8 to 10 servings.
- BHG Slow Cooker Recipes.