Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I have been making this for years. It's another family favorite.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (1 lb) beef flank steaks, halved
- 2 tablespoons butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- In a large plastic bag, combine the flour, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Add steaks and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown steaks on both sides in butter.
- Transfer to crock pot.
- Top with onion.
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar.
- Pour mixture over meat and onion.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
Crock pot recipes tend to be hit or miss with me, but I absolutely loved this! Made as directed, this is super easy to put together but really delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Update: I've made this recipe several times and it's always good. Last time I was short on time so use a covered dish and baked in the oven at 350 degrees for 2 hours. Also used a can of fire-roasted crushed tomatoes cause that's all I had on hand. Very good!!
This was quick and easy, that's why I love crockpot recipes. My husband really liked this recipe, he enjoyed the flavor, I also liked the flavor, but thought it was a little to runny, next time I will drain my tomatoes and see if that helps.