Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a tasty recipe that we enjoy about once a week or so. I love it over noodles.
Make and share this Crock Pot Deviled Short Ribs recipe from Food.com.
- 3 1⁄2-4 lbs short rib of beef
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 -2 tablespoon water
- Combine 2 tablespoons flour, the salt, and pepper in a bowl or food storage bag.
- Dredge or toss ribs with the flour mixture.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat; add ribs and brown on all sides.
- Pour off excess fat.
- In crock pot, combine ribs, onions, wine, chili sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and chili powder.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours.
- Turn to HIGH.
- Dissolve 1 tablespoons flour in 1 or 2 tablespoons water.
- Stir into crock pot.
- Cook on HIGH for about 10 to 15 minutes longer, or until slightly thickened.
- Serve with noodles or rice.