Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This is a traditional, very hearty and filling split pea soup with the zipped up flavor of curry powder.
- 453.59 g dried split peas, rinsed, drained and picked over
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1419.54 ml boiling water
- 36.97 ml curry powder
- 6 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1.23 ml seasoning salt (to taste)
- 1.23 ml fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 473.18 ml Canadian bacon, chopped
- Place all ingredients except 1/2 Tbls. of the curry powder in a crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 10 to 11 hours.
- Stir in the remaining 1/2 Tbls. curry powder.
- Add more seasoned salt and pepper to taste, if needed.
- Garnish with chopped chives and croutons.
I had some leftover ham, so I used it instead of the Canadian bacon. Wonderful!