1/3 Photos of Crock Pot Curry Split Pea Soup
10 hrs 20 mins
GREG IN SAN DIEGO's Note:
This is a traditional, very hearty and filling split pea soup with the zipped up flavor of curry powder.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces dried split peas, rinsed, drained and picked over
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 cups boiling water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 6 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups Canadian bacon, chopped
- 1Place all ingredients except 1/2 Tbls. of the curry powder in a crock pot.
- 2Cover and cook on low setting for 10 to 11 hours.
- 3Stir in the remaining 1/2 Tbls. curry powder.
- 4Add more seasoned salt and pepper to taste, if needed.
- 5Garnish with chopped chives and croutons.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Curry Split Pea Soup
Serving Size: 1 (408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.1
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 70.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.3 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 19.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: