1/2 Photos of Crock Pot Curry Chicken With Coconut and Peanuts
7 hrs 15 mins
This is my crock pot version of Curry Chicken. Very easy and yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken
- 1 large onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 beef double bouillon cubes (Knorr)
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1/2 glass white wine
- 1 cup hot water
- white pepper
- 7 ounces coconut milk
- cornstarch, and water to thicken (I use 1/4 cup water and 3 tablespoons cornstarch, about)
- 1Cut chicken into cubes, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2Slice onion in julienne, and mash garlic.
- 3Heat oil in a small sauteé pan, and brown garlic and onions.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Mix hot water with bouillon cube and peanut butter, until both have dissolved/melted.
- 6Combine this with the coconut milk, curry, ginger, cilantro and wine.
- 7Put chicken in crock pot.
- 8Top with onions and garlic, and then with liquid mixture.
- 9Cook on low heat for about 6-7 hours, or until cooked through and tender.
- 10Add cornstarch slurry to thicken as desired.
- 11Serve over steamed rice, with chopped cilantro and peanuts to garnish.
- 12I like it a bit spicy, so I also add chopped chilies, or cayenne to the dish.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Curry Chicken With Coconut and Peanuts
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.3
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 97.0 mg
- Sodium 222.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 35.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef double bouillon cubes