This is my crock pot version of Curry Chicken. Very easy and yummy!
Make and share this Crock Pot Curry Chicken With Coconut and Peanuts recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken
- 1 large onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 beef double bouillon cubes (Knorr)
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 glass white wine
- 1 cup hot water
- white pepper
- 7 ounces coconut milk
- cornstarch, and water to thicken (I use 1/4 cup water and 3 tablespoons cornstarch, about)
- Cut chicken into cubes, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Slice onion in julienne, and mash garlic.
- Heat oil in a small sauteé pan, and brown garlic and onions.
- Set aside.
- Mix hot water with bouillon cube and peanut butter, until both have dissolved/melted.
- Combine this with the coconut milk, curry, ginger, cilantro and wine.
- Put chicken in crock pot.
- Top with onions and garlic, and then with liquid mixture.
- Cook on low heat for about 6-7 hours, or until cooked through and tender.
- Add cornstarch slurry to thicken as desired.
- Serve over steamed rice, with chopped cilantro and peanuts to garnish.
- I like it a bit spicy, so I also add chopped chilies, or cayenne to the dish.