Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a recipe I've adapted and modified from one I found in a little book called "The Best Slow Cooker Cookbook Ever." It's easy to prepare and good for a fall or winter supper.
- 1 (28 ounce) candiced peeled tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tart green apple, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped (or 1/2 green and 1/2 red bell peppers)
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 cups cooked rice
- Mix together all ingredients except the chicken and cooked rice in crock pot.
- Cut each half chicken breast half crosswise into 5 pieces.
- Add chicken pieces to crock pot.
- Cover and cook on the low setting about 3 1/2 hours, or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- About 1/2 hour before the crockpot contents are cooked, prepare the rice.
- Serve crockpot mixture over the cooked rice.