3 hrs 20 mins
GREG IN SAN DIEGO's Note:
This is a recipe I've adapted and modified from one I found in a little book called "The Best Slow Cooker Cookbook Ever." It's easy to prepare and good for a fall or winter supper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced peeled tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tart green apple, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped (or 1/2 green and 1/2 red bell peppers)
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 cups cooked rice
- 1Mix together all ingredients except the chicken and cooked rice in crock pot.
- 2Cut each half chicken breast half crosswise into 5 pieces.
- 3Add chicken pieces to crock pot.
- 4Cover and cook on the low setting about 3 1/2 hours, or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- 5About 1/2 hour before the crockpot contents are cooked, prepare the rice.
- 6Serve crockpot mixture over the cooked rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Curry Chicken, Apple and Pepper Dinner
Serving Size: 1 (587 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 473.0
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 460.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 34.7 g