Recipe by Geema
The lamb is fork tender and almost melts into the soft spicy rice. I love mango chutney and it's perfect to serve with this easy and delicious dish.
Top Review by queen_shineslikethesun
I made this for some family members who had never eaten lamb. I am also not known for being a good cook. They were impressed. Thanks for this one! P.S. I used only mild curry powder and regular v8 juice. Don't be afraid spicing on the hotter side
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless lamb roast
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups hot style vegetable juice
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim any fat from the roast.
- In a large skillet brown roast on all sides in the hot oil.
- In a 4 quart slow cooker, combine juice, uncooked rice, curry powder and salt.
- Add the carrots and place the roast on top.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8-9 hours.
- Add the green pepper to cooker.
- Cover and let stand 5-10 minutes.