Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I got this one off the Butcher Market's website. I love cube steak and I love the crock pot so I had to try it. This was so tender you could cut it with a spoon. It's great served with mashed potatoes and green peas.
- 6 -8 beef cube steaks
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (1 ounce) packets brown gravy mix
- 2 cups water
- * Combine salt, pepper and flour in a shallow container. Roll cubed steaks in flour mixture to coat both sides.
- * In a large skillet heat oil over med-high heat. Place cubed steaks into heated skillet and brown on both sides.
- * Remove steaks, and place into a crock pot. Combine brown gravy mix and water, and pour over steaks. (Make sure you have enough liquid to cover steaks).
- * Set crock pot on high to get heat going. Turn setting down to low, and let cook 6-8 hours.
It is definitely comfort food... but I wasn't too much into the flavor or texture of the meat. I bought it the morning I cooked it, followed the recipe to a T, but it kind of reminded me of dog food.
Mmmm....This was a really good man pleasin' meal. Hubby loved it! I sauteed some onions and mushroom for added flavor and texture. This smelled so good while cooking. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Thumbs up! Ultimate comfort food.