- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 about 4 oz. each beef cube steaks
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1 one ounce envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 one ounce envelope mushroom gravy mix
- 1 one ounce envelope onion gravy mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray the inside of a 3-5 quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the sliced onions in the slow cooker.
- Combine flour, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper in a large sealing plastic bag.
- Add steaks, a few at a time and shake until completely coated.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the steaks, a few at a time, and cook until lightly browned on each side.
- Place the browned steaks on top of the onions in the slow cooker.
- Pour 2 cups water over all. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a bowl, whisk together the 3 gravy mixes with remaining 1 cup water. Add to slow cooker, cover and cook on low for 30 minutes longer.