Recipe by Audrey M
If you are looking for a different taste from your normal beef tortillas, this recipe will work.
Top Review by sketchygrrl
This is my second time making this and when I told my husband this was upcoming on the menu, he started DROOLING! This is one of the best slow cooker recipes I have come across! And it is so simple! I LOVE coming home to the smell of dinner ready! Thanks for putting this one up!
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup grapefruit juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 lbs boneless pork shoulder
- 1 cup sliced onion
- flour tortilla
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare marinade for pork roast mix together fruit juices, water, garlic, oregano, cumin, salt, pepper, and bay leaves in a small mixing bowl.
- If necessary, trim fat from pork roast.
- With a large meat fork, pierce meat several times.
- Place roast in a large Ziploc bag; add marinade.
- Marinade in refrigerator for 6 to 24 hours; turning several times.
- Place onion in bottom of slow cooker topped with meat and marinade.
- Cook on low for 10 to 12 hours or High 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove meat from slow cooker and cool slightly before carving.
- Skim fat from gravy.
- Shred meat; remove onions with a large slotted spoon and add meat.
- Remove bay leaves and discard.
- Serve meat in flour tortillas with small bowls of gravy.