I had this at a friend's house and it was exceptional!
Make and share this Crock Pot Creamy Orange Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup cookie crumbs or 3⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 16 ounces light cream cheese or 16 ounces cream cheese
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (or dried grated rind) or 1 teaspoon lemon zest (or dried grated rind)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine crumbs with sugar; mix in melted butter until well moistened.
- Pat into a 7-inch spring form pan.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and sugar.
- Add eggs and yolk and beat for about 3 minutes on medium with a hand-held electric mixer.
- Beat in orange juice, zest, flour, and vanilla.
- Beat for another 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared crust; place on a rack or aluminum foil ring in the crock pot (so it doesn't rest on the bottom of the pot).
- Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Turn off and leave for 1 to 2 hours, until cool enough to remove.
- Cool completely and remove the sides of the pan.
- Chill before serving, and store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Ok, I need to buy a 7" springform pan, or this can be done in the oven using the waterbath method, but very creamy and exceptionally smooth. I did use almond extract instead of vanilla, it just seemed right with the orange. Being originally from NJ, working in Greek diners for over 6 years, I can attest that this has 'it'. Wonderful job Mirj!