Recipe by Hunkle
You can adjust the spice mix to be as spicy or mild as you like. I like to serve this over linguine. Mmmmmm.
Top Review by Toucansam418
I tripled the amount of spices for this dish. My husband and I like it spicy - but even if we didn't, the dish would have been too bland. I also added chopped jalapenos and several dashes of hot pepper sauce to add to the flavor. Next time, my husband wants rice to sop up the yummy sauce!
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cracked black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the chicken breasts in the crock pot.
- Blend the spice mix with 2 tablespoons of warm water reserving about a teaspoon of the dry spice mix for the sauce.
- Cover and cook for 3 hours on low.
- Combine the cream cheese and soup until smooth.
- Stir in the remaining spice mix and sliced mushrooms.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the chicken breasts.
- Cook 1 additional hour until the chicken is cooked through.