Recipe by BlondieItaliana
Creamy chicken dish that you can spice up to suit your taste. Basically, it's slow cooker chicken with cream cheese & any other ingredients you like. This recipe is our favorite combination and has a mexican flair. Plus, using the crock pot makes this dish simple & fills the whole house with a nice aroma. We like it best served over cooked egg noodles or rice. I gave this recipe to my cousin & she serves it by adding spoonfuls of it to pre-made taco shells. (Note: sometimes instead of onion & red bell pepper I just add 1-1 1/2 cups of frozen bell pepper/onion from the bag in the freezer secion)
Top Review by honeofakind
The only thing I did differently with this recipe was that I shredded the chicken while still in the crockpot before adding the cream cheese. It was DELCIOUS! This will become a staple food at my house.
- 5 chicken breasts (I use the family size package of 5 that I store in the freezer)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 6 ounces black olives, drained (sliced black olives)
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) jar salsa, medium
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 -2 tablespoon taco seasoning (I use Taco Bell or Lawry's Taco Seasoning)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all ingredients to crock pot EXCEPT cream cheese & yes, you can add the chicken breasts frozen.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Add the package of cream cheese (whole) to top of cooking chicken mixture for last 30 minute of cooking.
- Serve over cooked rice or egg noodles with a dollup of sour cream & sprinkles of shredded cheddar if desired.