Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope dried Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 ounces water
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup, undiluted (or regular soup)
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- hot cooked rice or pasta
- Place the chicken breast halves in the crock pot.
- Combine the Italian dressing mix and water until smooth; pour over top of chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
- Combine the cream cheese and soup until smooth and blended.
- Stir in mushroom pieces.
- Pour soup mixture over chicken.
- Cook 1 hour more or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over hot cooked rice or pasta.
Very good! Next time I will follow the recipe and use LOW SODIUM cream of chicken soup; it was a bit on the salty side, but that was my fault. This is a keeper.
This is another "UMMMMM" dish. That is Dahling's comment on any dish he really is enjoying! The changes that I made were to increase the water to 1/2 cup, heated the cream cheese and soup in the microwave and blended, removed the chicken to a plate, whisked the soup/cheese mixture into the drippings, then replaced the chicken making sure it was covered. Served it with rice, lettuce salad with a very tangy dressing and hot rolls. Whoa Baby!! The sauce is wonderful! If you use more than 4 breasts, be sure and double all the other ingredients.Thanks, bunches!
This was really good. We had to make enough to feed 8 people so we used two crock pots to cook this in. It turned out well. We used white rice with it. The chicken was very moist and tender!