Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope dried Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 ounces water
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup, undiluted (or regular soup)
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- hot cooked rice or pasta
- Place the chicken breast halves in the crock pot.
- Combine the Italian dressing mix and water until smooth; pour over top of chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
- Combine the cream cheese and soup until smooth and blended.
- Stir in mushroom pieces.
- Pour soup mixture over chicken.
- Cook 1 hour more or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over hot cooked rice or pasta.
Very good! Next time I will follow the recipe and use LOW SODIUM cream of chicken soup; it was a bit on the salty side, but that was my fault. This is a keeper.
This was really good. We had to make enough to feed 8 people so we used two crock pots to cook this in. It turned out well. We used white rice with it. The chicken was very moist and tender!
This is another "UMMMMM" dish. That is Dahling's comment on any dish he really is enjoying! The changes that I made were to increase the water to 1/2 cup, heated the cream cheese and soup in the microwave and blended, removed the chicken to a plate, whisked the soup/cheese mixture into the drippings, then replaced the chicken making sure it was covered. Served it with rice, lettuce salad with a very tangy dressing and hot rolls. Whoa Baby!! The sauce is wonderful! If you use more than 4 breasts, be sure and double all the other ingredients.Thanks, bunches!