Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
For those who want something other than BBQ sauce on ribs.
- 2 lbs country-style pork ribs
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 2 (10 ounce) cans pork gravy
- 5 whole carrots
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms or 8 ounces canned sliced mushrooms
- Season pork ribs with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Mix condensed soup, Lipton soup mix (zaar wanted a size, but I'm not sure how much is in one envelope), and pork gravy in crock pot.
- Place ribs in crock pot. Layer on whole carrots and sliced mushrooms.
- Cover with lid and cook on low heat 8-10 hours.
- I like to cook mine a long time so they fall apart in the crock pot.
- Serve with brown rice and a green veggie.
This was really really good! My husband even complimented it a few times. I did make a few changes such as only using one jar of pork gravy, adding about 1/3 cup of Chardonnay (enough to rinse out the jar of gravy), 2 cloves of garlic, 1/4 cup of chopped parsley, and a few dashes of Beau Monde seasoning. I dredged the ribs in flour, salt, and pepper and browned them in a few tablespoons of olive oil before putting them on to cook. This will make frequent appearances on the menu.
This recipe was pretty good and definately one I will make again with a few changes. We found the ribs were just too fatty for our taste. I would use a pork roast next time as the gravy was wonderful. I couldn't find any pork gravy so I used a jar of beef gravy and one of chicken gravy this time. Next time I will also use the Cream of Mushroom soup with Garlic or the Golden Cream of Mushroom soup for extra flavor.
I made this a couple of weeks ago and it was yummy. I had to make a couple of changes due to ingredients on hand - used boneless country ribs and fresh baby carrots. I also browned the ribs before putting them into the slow cooker. I only found Heinz jarred pork gravy. It was a little larger than 10 oz. but used 2 anyway - more gravy. Served over noodles - loved that gravy! This one's a keeper.