Recipe by Beeracuda
A hearty, tasty, meal for those cold winter days.
Top Review by Mom to two picky eaters!
We really liked this! I used about 5 potatoes (mine were kinda small), only half the can of peas, I omitted the mushrooms and used Cream of Celery soup instead of the Cream of Mushroom soup. I mixed the soups, (canned)veggies & everything else up in a bowl before adding them to the potatoes and chicken in the Crock Pot (I stirred it all up as well). At the end of 8 hours, I also mixed about 2 Tbs. of flour with about 2 Tbs. of milk (eyeballing measurements) in a jar and shook it well, then added it to the sauce to thicken. My family was starving so I just cooked the egg noodles (kluski noodles) and added them right in & served dinner. This made a bunch - we had plenty for another night!!!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can peas, drained
- 15 ounces canned carrots, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in crock pot.
- Add onion soup mix, butter, broth, and soups.
- Sprinkle paprika and black pepper over mixture.
- Add peas, carrots, and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle parsley flakes over top.
- Add white wine.
- Cook on high for 1 hour, then low for 7 hours.
- Add cooked noodles approximately 30 minutes before end of cooking time.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Add flour by the tablespoon and stir to thicken, if desired.