A great addition to any dinner. I've made these as a side dish to ribs; also a nice side for a holiday meal, BBQ, potluck or any average dinner. My dinner guests asked for second and third helpings! Courtesy of Taste of Home's Quick Cooking Magazine March/April 2003 magazine.
- Place cubed potatoes in crock pot.
- In a food processor or blender, puree the cottage cheese and sour cream until smooth.
- Combine Velveeta, onion, garlic and salt with cottage cheese/sour cream blend, mix well.
- Pour over potatoes and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir before serving and garnish with paprika and chives.
This was a tasty dish and I enjoyed the ease of using the crockpot although my potatoes were not finished at the 5-6 hr cooking time on low so next time I will cook longer. Thanks for sharing.
Had for family dinner. Thought cheese sauce was way too over powering. Did not like consistency either. Would not make again.
Great potatoes! I cut my potatoes pretty small so the cooking time was right on target for me. I used reduced-fat versions of the cottage cheese, sour cream and Velveeta. Also, I used fresh minced onion in place of the dried flakes. I must tell you that I was worried about this. Halfway through cooking, it seemed like I was going to have soup with undercooked potatoes. But...after about 5 1/2 hours, the liquid cooked off into a nice thick and moist sauce and my potatoes were the perfect tenderness. Yummy! I'm glad that I coated my slowcooker with nonstick spray; it made clean up much easier. I'll be making this recipe again. Thanx, Tara! :)