Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
A great addition to any dinner. I've made these as a side dish to ribs; also a nice side for a holiday meal, BBQ, potluck or any average dinner. My dinner guests asked for second and third helpings! Courtesy of Taste of Home's Quick Cooking Magazine March/April 2003 magazine.
- 7 cups cubed red potatoes, uncooked
- 8 ounces small curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- paprika, for garnish
- minced chives, for garnish
- Place cubed potatoes in crock pot.
- In a food processor or blender, puree the cottage cheese and sour cream until smooth.
- Combine Velveeta, onion, garlic and salt with cottage cheese/sour cream blend, mix well.
- Pour over potatoes and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir before serving and garnish with paprika and chives.
This was a tasty dish and I enjoyed the ease of using the crockpot although my potatoes were not finished at the 5-6 hr cooking time on low so next time I will cook longer. Thanks for sharing.
Did you try these before you served them? Not so good.
Had for family dinner. Thought cheese sauce was way too over powering. Did not like consistency either. Would not make again.