Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is a crock pot adaption of Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes by Lavender Lynn. It was nice to have these wonderful potatoes without heating up the house!
- 4 russet potatoes, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Lightly spray crock pot with cooking spray.
- Place half potato slices in bottom of crock. Season with salt and pepper.
- Layer half the sliced onions.
- Repeat with remaining potatoes and onions, seasoning as you go.
- In a sauce pan melt butter. Add flour and salt and cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in milk and cook until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Add cheese all at once, whisking until melted.
- Pour over potatoes and onions in crock pot.
- Set to LOW heat and cook for 5-6 hours until potatoes are tender.