Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is the best creamed corn I've ever eaten. I got the recipe from the Rival Crock Pot book. Its different than the usual can of creamed corn. Much better and probably more fattening, but that's what makes it so tasty!
- 2 (907.18 g) package frozen corn
- 2 (453.59 g) package cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- white pepper
- garlic salt
- Combine all ingredients in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high 2 to 3 hours.
This did not turn out as I hoped. The cream cheese did not melt into the corn completely. Most of it stayed on top of the corn and looked like marshmallow. It was difficult to mix in. I wonder if it would have melted better if it had cooked on low heat?? That said, the taste was good and I think everyone enjoyed it.
Wanted a new recipe for corn to serve for Thanksgiving and gave your recipe a try. Everyone said how good it tasted. Will make again. Made as written. Thanks Jamie Renee. Bullwinkle