1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Cream of Mushroom Soup
4 hrs 15 mins
Very tasty soup. Many compliments on this soup. You may use top of stove for this soup, but it might be a little thick so adjust liquid. Energy Wise Cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 4 cups thinly sliced mushrooms (I added 6 cups)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups light cream or 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1Melt butter or margarine in large skillet over medium heat; add mushrooms and onion and saute until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- 2Sprinkle flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg over vegetables; stir to blend well.
- 3Place in 5 quart slow cooker.
- 4Using wire whisk, beat in water, cream or half and half, sour cream and chicken broth.
- 5Cook covered, on LOW for 4 hours.
- 6Turn setting to high; cook 1 hour longer, stirring occasionally.
- 7Stir in parsley and Serve.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Cream of Mushroom Soup
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.1
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.9 g
- Saturated Fat 21.2 g
- Cholesterol 100.0 mg
- Sodium 734.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 5.8 g