Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Homemade cream of mushroom soup is to die for!
Make and share this Crock Pot Cream of Mushroom Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 3 (4 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup half-and-half cream or 1 cup milk
- In skillet, saute sliced mushrooms in butter; place in Crock Pot.
- Add chicken broth, onion, salt, and pepper; stir well.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 6 to 10 hours (on high setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours).
- About 30 minutes before serving, turn to high setting.
- Mix flour and sour cream; add to Crock Pot with half and half cream.
- Cook until slightly thickened.
Very easy and delicious. I made it just as written and we absolutely loved it. Be careful with the salt as the broth may have enough in it.
I made this soup for my parents over the weekend. It wasn't as creamy or thick as I expected but, the flavor was wonderful. I paired it with a slice of quiche and some fresh fruit. It made for a nice Sunday brunch after a long weekend of babysitting my 4 month old nephew!