Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This recipe is good if you want moist chicken that "shreds easy". Add Instant Mashed potatoes (I like the loaded ones myself). This makes a great dinner.
- 3 -4 chicken breasts
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- Place chicken breasts in crock pot. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons melted butter. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a sauce pan and saute onion and garlic.
- Add Cream of Chicken Soup, yogurt, and chicken broth. Stir until smooth.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- You can add frozen chicken breasts, add one additional hour to cooking time.
- If you are in a hurry, you can put on Hi for 2 - 2 1/2 hours. This will be approx 4 hours on low. Then I turn down to low for the last 2 - 2 1/2 hours.
We enjoyed this VERY MUCH. It is VERY PLAIN by itself, but we ate it on cheddar garlic biscuits and it was wonderful. The chicken is so moist and really does "shred" so easily. I want to try eating this on flavored mashed potatoes- makes a great gravy.