This dip is an absolute hit everytime I make it! My husband and all of our friends devour it and it's always the first to go! It has a nickname of "white trash dip". I make it in a round 4 quart crock pot, but the recipe can be halved or doubled for smaller or larger crock pots.
- Brown both packages of sausage in a skillet over medium heat.
- Drain the sausage in a colander.
- Cube the cream cheese into a crock pot.
- Add the sausage to the cream cheese in the crock pot.
- Add both cans of rotel (with the juice) to the crock pot.
- Heat the mixture in the crock pot on high heat for approximately 1 hour, stirring occasionally until the dip is well mixed.
- Reduce heat to warm/low and serve with tortilla chips.
I love this dip and so does everyone I make it for! I usually only make about half this much. I use spicy sausage and regular rotel.
I absolutely love this dip! I made it and then ate it for dinner...then breakfast....and then lunch...! That's pitiful. But that's just how yummy it is! :-)
I made this (and a whole lot of other stuff) for Easter and this was by far the biggest hit of all! Even I, who can't eat much ground meat due to a texture issue, really liked it! I'm making it again this Saturday for my husband's birthday party!!