Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This dip is an absolute hit everytime I make it! My husband and all of our friends devour it and it's always the first to go! It has a nickname of "white trash dip". I make it in a round 4 quart crock pot, but the recipe can be halved or doubled for smaller or larger crock pots.
- 4 (8 ounce) packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 2 (16 ounce) packagesjimmy dean original breakfast sausage
- 1 (10 ounce) canoriginal Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 (10 ounce) canhot Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- tortilla chips
- Brown both packages of sausage in a skillet over medium heat.
- Drain the sausage in a colander.
- Cube the cream cheese into a crock pot.
- Add the sausage to the cream cheese in the crock pot.
- Add both cans of rotel (with the juice) to the crock pot.
- Heat the mixture in the crock pot on high heat for approximately 1 hour, stirring occasionally until the dip is well mixed.
- Reduce heat to warm/low and serve with tortilla chips.
I love this dip and so does everyone I make it for! I usually only make about half this much. I use spicy sausage and regular rotel.
For the recipe shown, how many does that serve
This was so delicious! In fact I made the dip and I did not want to take it to the party I made it for, in fact I no longer wanted to go to the party! I just wanted to stay home and eat all the dip by myself. It was that good. I will definitely be keeping this recipe and making it again.