This is a recipe that was derived from Miss Annie's Crock Pot Cream Cheese Chicken that I attempted to make but found that I didn't have exactly the right ingredients...Since my kids love ranch dressing, this version really "hit home" with them...(They were literally "licking their plates" after they were done!) I thank you so much, Miss Annie, for your inspiration for this "alternative ranch-flavored" recipe! :)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 (1 ounce) package hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 dash paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Wash and dry chicken breasts and place them evenly in crock pot. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Sprinkle pkg. of Hidden Valley Ranch salad dressing mix over chicken.
- Drizzle chicken breasts with 1 tablespoons melted butter.
- Cover and cook on Low for 4 hours.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a medium saucepan along with minced garlic and saute slightly.
- Add cream of chicken soup, the 8 oz. of cream cheese cubes, 1/2 cup chicken broth, dried Oregano and dried Parsley flakes. Stir on medium heat until smooth.
- Add mixture to crock pot, cover again and continue to cook on low for 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours.
- Serve over buttered egg noddles.