1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Cream Cheese Chicken
6 hrs 10 mins
This is a great recipe that I have been making for years. It is very rich though, so don't make this recipe if you are looking for something light! I like to serve this with steamed rice (to kind of counterbalance the fat content of the chicken). Also, the cooking time listed here is for an older model Crock Pot. If you have a newer one you will want to cut back the cooking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 frying chicken, cut up
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons dry Italian salad dressing
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup sauterne white wine or 1/2 cup sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1Brush chicken with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2Place in a crock pot and sprinkle dry mix over all.
- 3Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours.
- 4About 45 minutes before done, mix soup, cream cheese, wine, and onion in a small saucepan.
- 5Cook until smooth.
- 6Pour over the chicken and cover and cook another 45 minutes.
- 7Spoon sauce over pieces when serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Cream Cheese Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 530.4
- Calories from Fat 377
- Total Fat 41.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 148.3 mg
- Sodium 771.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 25.1 g