Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This is a meal that is great to come home to. It's really yummy! We like it served over fettuccine pasta noodles. It tastes much like fettuccine Alfredo. You could probably serve it over rice or mashed potatoes. Occasionally, I will add some steamed broccoli to get a another vegetable in.
- Lay chicken in 4 quart or larger crock pot.
- Sprinkle with Italian dressing mix.
- Sprinkle onions on top.
- Press fresh garlic on top of all.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours at medium heat.
- About 45 minutes before you're ready to eat, remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add the cream cheese and soup to crock pot stirring occasionally until smooth.
- While the cream cheese is melting, cut the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Once the cream cheese and soup are smooth, add cut up chicken back to the crock pot.
Very easy, tasty dish!! I tried an almost identical recipe last week and I really like the fact that you, Nancy, used boneless breast of chicken. You might try skinless breasts also next time, reducing fat and cutting the cook time by an hour or so. I found sliced mushrooms (the last hour, if you like them) to be a nice addition as well as a bit of dry sherry. This is an exciting site; I've referred many friends to it. Thanks Nancy!
What a fast and scrumptious meal. I took the others advice and took the skin off and served it over a bed of noodles. I thing I learned from this recipe is when I need cooked chicken for a recipe; I'm cooking chicken in the crockpot. With no water added in the crockpot the chicken did not loose its chicken flavor. Boiling chicken tends to diminish the flavor somewhat. IMO. Thanks for sharing this great recipe.
This was tasty. The kids gobbled it up. I served it over a half bag of egg noodles and my husband would have liked more noodles. It was very easy on a hectic day. I used boneless/skinless chicken and actually made the sauce 2 hours before serving due to taking my daughter to dance. Anyway, it turned out great and is a keeper!