This is a meal that is great to come home to. It's really yummy! We like it served over fettuccine pasta noodles. It tastes much like fettuccine Alfredo. You could probably serve it over rice or mashed potatoes. Occasionally, I will add some steamed broccoli to get a another vegetable in.
- Lay chicken in 4 quart or larger crock pot.
- Sprinkle with Italian dressing mix.
- Sprinkle onions on top.
- Press fresh garlic on top of all.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours at medium heat.
- About 45 minutes before you're ready to eat, remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add the cream cheese and soup to crock pot stirring occasionally until smooth.
- While the cream cheese is melting, cut the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Once the cream cheese and soup are smooth, add cut up chicken back to the crock pot.