Recipe by Dawn
I got this recipe from a nurse at work. We're always sharing easy and family-pleasing recipes. The sauce tastes like a creamy Alfredo sauce. This is great with noodles.
Top Review by peppermintkitty
This is a really great tasting, easy main dish meal! I made it exactly as written,,,except the time cooked. It actually only takes about 1/2 the 7hrs to cook and I think had I not been here and watched it,,it wouldn't have turned out as well. I think it would have burned around the edges. I intended and started early enough to use your time stated, but after 2 1/2 hrs, turned my crock on the "warm" setting (newer crocks have this setting,,yay) until I added the broth/cream cheese mix. I let this cook on low for 45 min and served over mashed garlic/tarragon potatoes. dh won' t eat rice :( The 2nd best part was the next nite, I shredded the left over chicken,,(I'd taken it out of the sauce)added 1/2cup sour cream, a 4 oz. can of green chilis and 4oz. velveeta cheese to the sauce and some garlic powder. I placed the shredded chicken and more shredded cheese in corn tortillas and pour the remaining sauce over them and had a pan of chicken enchiladas fit for a king!! I also reserved 3/4 cup of the sauce and poured it over 2 chili rellenos (sp)I'd made! Seems as tho I may have had a lot of left overs, but there're only 2 of us and we don't eat heavily,,so, this wonderful crockpot chicken made 2 fab different dinners....just enough shredded chicken leftover for soft tacos tonite....3 meals!!! (sorry this is long, just wanting to be informative on a great recipe)...thanks for posting,,,,Kitty :)
- 3 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix
- 4 tablespoons melted butter (divided)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken pieces in crock pot and sprinkle Italian seasoning over chicken. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a sauce pan and saute onion and garlic. Add Cream of Chicken Soup, cream cheese, and chicken broth. Stir until smooth.
- Add this mixture to crock pot and cook on low for an additional hour.