Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Tis the season for "comfort food"! Happy to share one of my favorite dishes! Enjoy!
- 4 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs (*can sub 4-6 breasts if desired or use some of each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ounce low-sodium italian salad dressing mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth or 1⁄2 cup chicken bouillon
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth (to cook onion in)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- Brush chicken with butter and layer in crock pot with dry Italian seasoning mix sprinkled on each layer.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- About 45 minutes before done, brown the onion in the chicken broth and then add the cream cheese, soup, salt& pepper and remaining chicken broth to the saucepan.
- Add the minced garlic and mushrooms, and stir all ingredients until smooth.
- Pour sauce mixture over chicken in crockpot and cook an additional 30-45 minutes.
- Remove chicken to platter and stir sauce before putting in gravy bowl or pouring over chicken.
A great adddition to my crockpot recipe collection :) I made this with recipe#63812 for the dressing and fresh mushrooms instead of canned. Thanks for sharing, and I hope you are feeling better!
Loved this. I used boneless chicken breasts and fresh mushrooms. I also didn't add the onion. Will make again.
Absolute hit with the family...they loved it!!!