Recipe by Targetgirl
The store had a deal on those pre-packaged flavored turkey tenderloins, so I picked up a package to experiment with. This was put together with ingredients I had on hand. The tenderloins I got were the Jennie-O Roast Turkey flavor ones, but I think it would work well with plain tenderloins or a turkey breast as well. Also probably good with pork roasts and chicken parts. I didn't salt the turkey because it was pre-flavored, but plain turkey could probably use some salt. I'm guessing on the amount of cranberry sauce, as I used about 3/4 of a can of whole berry sauce. It's a yummy fall dish, though, and would be nice for Thanksgiving, too!
- 2 lbs turkey breast tenderloins
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 3 quart crock pot with cooking spray, and put the onions in the bottom.
- Put the turkey tenderloins in the crock pot.
- Combine cranberry sauce, apple cider, orange juice, thyme, pepper and salt (if using), and pour over the turkey.
- Cook on low for 7-9 hours, depending on your crock pot.