Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This elegant dish is a family favorite
Make and share this Crock Pot Cranberry Port Pork Roast recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs boneless pork loin roast
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄3 cup port wine or 1⁄3 cup cranberry juice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 small lemon, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup golden seedless raisins
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons candied ginger, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- rice, cooked
- Put the roast in slow cooker.
- Mix in a bowl, cranberry sauce, port, and sugar.
- Stir in lemon, raisins, garlic, ginger, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Pour over roast Cover and cook on low 6-7 hours or until meat is 170°F.
- Remove roast and keep warm Measure 3 cups of cooking juices and pour into saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- In a cup dissolve cornstarch in cold water.
- Stir into saucepan.
- Cook, stirring until thickened.
- Slice roast and serve over rice with sauce on top.
Our new favorite pork recipe! I used what I had on hand and it turned out great, substituting a half bag of fresh cranberries for the sauce, a splash of lemon juice for the lemons, red wine for the port, and a few shakes of ground ginger for the candied ginger. What an easy, delicious, healthy recipe... thank you!
Wonderful dish! Made it for the first time for a Christmass party in 2011 and it was a big hit. Has become a regular in my recipe book. Due to being out of candied ginger and straight cranberry juice, we discovered regular ginger works fine (I think we used a paste) and cran-grape juice works well too.
So easy, moist & delicious! I served it to friends & every one enjoyed it. The sauce was very tasty.