Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
To reduce fat, remove and discard the skin from the chicken before cooking.
Make and share this Crock Pot Cranberry Orange Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon sweet-hot mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Place cup up chicken in a 3 1/2 quart slow cooker. In small bowl, combine cranberry sauce, orange juice and peel, nutmeg, mustard, salt, and pepper. Stir until blended but not smooth. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 or 5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken and keep warm. Turn control to HIGH. Dissolve cornstarch in water. Stir into pot with juices. Cook on HIGH, stirring occasionally, 10 to 15 minutes or until thickened. Spoon over chicken. Serves 6.
- Healthy Crockery Cookery Mable Hoffman.