Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Posted in response to a request; from Company's Coming Slow Cooker Recipes.
Make and share this Crock Pot Cranberry Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 12 skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium beef bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- Place onion in slow cooker, then arrange thighs over onion.
- Combine remaining ingredients together and whisk well; spoon over chicken, making sure to get some on every piece.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or on High for 3 to 4 hours.
Thanks Lennie, for posting such a great tasting recipe. I loved the cranberries and sauce in this dish. I used boneless, skinless thighs and cooked for about 7 hours. It was almost too easy and I thought maybe I would feel some guilt about not slaving away in the kitchen....but no! It was so good. It is indeed a dish to serve company, and I will do just that. Thanks for sharing.
I have made this a number of times, and we really like it. I prepare my own cranberry sauce from fresh cranberries, using the entire bag or cranberries, so I normally have more than 1 cup of sauce. You definitely need to add in cornstarch or the sauce is too runny. I just add it in right at the beginning, stirring it into the sauce mixture. Usually at least a couple of tbsps. I have made it both with boneless chicken breasts and thighs. Both work out well.
This recipe is the best! It's so easy to make, I almost feel guilty serving it to my husband and friends, but the rave reviews I get each time I make it assuage that somewhat! I like it with spicy mustard, and it's turned out great whether made with powder or "grainy" boullion. I use regular boullion and omit the salt, though. It works just fine. This dish always comes up when my husband is discussing his favorite foods or how well I cook. Thanks so much!