Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I love Cream of Crab soup and this is just fabulous! Rich, simple and satisfying. The key is to use fresh Crab. This is very worthy of serving to guests as a first course.
- 2 cups fresh lump crabmeat, flaked and picked (DO NOT USE CANNED!)
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mace, ground
- white pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄2 cup saltine crackers, crushed
- Combine all ingredients except sherry and crushed crackers in Crock Pot; stir well. Cover and cook on Low setting for 3 to 5 hours. Just before serving, stir in sherry and crumbs to thicken.
- Garnish with Old Bay Seasoning or Paprika.