Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
My husband hates creamed corn, but loves this recipe. It's really simple and kid-friendly. The secret ingredient? Pork and beans. ZWT Mid-West region (corn).
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- Brown ground beef, onion, and pepper together. Drain well.
- Put all ingredients into crock pot; cover and cook on LOW 7 to 12 hours.
My stepson loved this. It was great for a cold day.
This was not our favorite dish taste-wise, but I'm not a big fan of pork and beans in general. To me the p & b taste was just a little too over-powering. However, I love the addition of the corn, and you can't beat it for simplicity. I'll definitely keep the recipe around for those rushed days when I need something quick and simple to throw in the crockpot!
A sweet stew that gets it sweetness form the juice of the pork and beans. So very easy to make. I mixed it up at 11 this morning and now at 5 PM it is ready to eat. Personally, I don't call this a chili because I never put corn or pork & beans in mine. It has to have kidney beans to be chili in my book. The kids liked it and that's good enough for ZWT III 2007 - United States Region