Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This is always a hit with the kids. Based on a Betty Crocker recipe.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs beef stew meat
- 4 unpeeled potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can baked beans (in bbq sauce)
- Mix stew meat, potatoes, onions, salt and pepper in crock pot.
- Spread beans over meat mix.
- Cover and cook on low heat 8-10 hours until beef is tender.
Great recipe! Very tasty tender beef. I made enough for dinner for two days and it was even better the next day. I will make this again.
This is EXCELLENT!!!! My boyfriend and I just loved it- the consistency was great - almost like a chilli - thick and yummy! He said this is his type of food - he is a meat and potato man! We also thought this will be perfect for camping! WONDERFUL and easy- thank you!
I love beans and they go great with beef!! I added some chile sauce and that was all. I found the canned beans became a little mushy with 9 hours cooking but still tasted great. Next time I'll try some of my homemade beans (I just have to get around to making them) Good recipe