Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A Betty Crocker Recipe. The meat is juicy and tender.
- 2 lbs boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1 medium cooking apple, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 14 ounces sauerkraut, drained, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine or 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- In 4 quart Crock Pot, place ribs, apple and onion. Top with sauerkraut, brown sugar and caraway seed; mix lightly. Pour wine over top.
- Cover; cook on LOW heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
I have made this for years... well very similar. I don't use that much brown sugar, only a spoonful and I add a couple of small carrots instead of apple....... but this is a wonderful recipe your way. I recommend this to everyone. Oh yeah, I wait to add the sauerkraut till the meat has cooked at least halfway.
I thought it was pretty good, the picky one was very enthusiastic. I have an older crockpot, and I thought that the times were still a bit too long. I had chunked the apple, and next time I'll leave it in bigger segments, as it disappeared. Liked the slight touch of sweetness. My sauerkraut seemed to be a bit overcooked, was quite dark. Probably will try to limit to 8 hrs.
Hate...no, love it...wait, hate...no, LOOOOOVE it. I'm tired of fighting with myself. Pass the sauerkraut, please. Made for Love Train recipe tag.