Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 hrs
- 3 lbs pork ribs, lean, country style trimmed of any excess fat
- 1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut, undrained
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced and into rings
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 large apple, cored and cut into (or 2 small apples)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- Brown ribs in slow cooker pot (or skillet) on top of range over medium heat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer cooker pot to base unit or meat from skillet into cooker pot.
- Layer sauerkraut, onion, mushrooms, apple wedges and brown sugar over ribs.
- Sprinkle with celery seed.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours until meat is tender.
Excellent dish!! and Easy to make too. The only thing I did different was to double the amount of Saurkraut used (2-16 oz cans instead of 1).
This recipe works great with ribs, pork chops and pork roast. Mmm.good
Loved the recipe - the aroma is wonderful while it is cooking. It is very cold outside and this was a perfect comfort meal. I added a couple of carrots and potato Cooked on low for 7 hours. Thanks Dancer for yet another great recipe