Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 hrs
Make and share this Crock Pot Country Ribs With Apples and Sauerkraut recipe from Food.com.
- Brown ribs in slow cooker pot (or skillet) on top of range over medium heat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer cooker pot to base unit or meat from skillet into cooker pot.
- Layer sauerkraut, onion, mushrooms, apple wedges and brown sugar over ribs.
- Sprinkle with celery seed.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours until meat is tender.
Excellent dish!! and Easy to make too. The only thing I did different was to double the amount of Saurkraut used (2-16 oz cans instead of 1).
This recipe works great with ribs, pork chops and pork roast. Mmm.good
Loved the recipe - the aroma is wonderful while it is cooking. It is very cold outside and this was a perfect comfort meal. I added a couple of carrots and potato Cooked on low for 7 hours. Thanks Dancer for yet another great recipe