Recipe by Bergy
This is a wonderful tasty dish for those rainy days ahead. It has a mellow flavor and the meat is succulent but for some it may need a bit of hot sauce (I added 2 tbsp to the sauce).
Top Review by Laudee
Hey Bergy: Can't believe noone has tried your Crockpot Country Ribs. They are fantastic! Very easy to put together and the taste is DIVINE! Tossed a salad with Tonkcats Olive Garden Italian Salad Dressing, set on crusty bread to go with, and we had ourselves a feast! Thanks for posting another great recipe! Laudee C.
- 1 large onion, peeled, sliced and separated into rings
- 1360.77-1814.36 g country-style pork ribs
- 236.59 ml tomato juice
- 236.59 ml vegetable cocktail (or instead of Tomato juice and the vegetable cocktail use 2 cups extra spicy Clamato Juice)
- 29.58 ml molasses
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 44.37 ml balsamic vinegar
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- 2.46 ml poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 7.39 ml cornstarch
- 59.16 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place onion rings in the bottom of your crock pot.
- Place ribs on top (trim off any excess fat).
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients except the corn starch.
- Reserve 1 cup--cover and refrigerate this cup.
- Pour remaining sauce over the ribs, cover pot.
- Cook at low for 5-6 hrs, drain ribs, keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, add 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch already mixed in cold water to the reserved sauce , simmer until it thickens.
- Serve with noodles, rice or gnocchi.