1/4 Photos of Crock Pot Country Ribs
6 hrs 10 mins
This is a wonderful tasty dish for those rainy days ahead. It has a mellow flavor and the meat is succulent but for some it may need a bit of hot sauce (I added 2 tbsp to the sauce).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, peeled, sliced and separated into rings
- 3 -4 lbs country-style pork ribs
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 cup vegetable cocktail (or instead of Tomato juice and the vegetable cocktail use 2 cups extra spicy Clamato Juice)
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1Place onion rings in the bottom of your crock pot.
- 2Place ribs on top (trim off any excess fat).
- 3Whisk together the remaining ingredients except the corn starch.
- 4Reserve 1 cup--cover and refrigerate this cup.
- 5Pour remaining sauce over the ribs, cover pot.
- 6Cook at low for 5-6 hrs, drain ribs, keep warm.
- 7In a small saucepan, add 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch already mixed in cold water to the reserved sauce , simmer until it thickens.
- 8Serve with noodles, rice or gnocchi.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Country Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (540 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 726.8
- Calories from Fat 364
- Total Fat 40.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 252.1 mg
- Sodium 534.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 67.3 g